Friday, January 15, 2010

How my mind works....

Im sore. My leggs, shins, hips, arms, abs....
Good sore but sore just the same. I started bringing food to the office. Maybe breakfast is a good idea after all. Not as hungry during the day so I stop snacking.
So a guy here at church convinced me to go work out with him at 5 45 am. Let me just tell you how my mind was going the first few mornings as we were working out.....

Wow Im tired....how long have we been doing this?......only 5 minutes......dang i hate my life right now....wow im tired....how long now?....only 7 minutes.....wow this sucks.....how did i get this out of shape.....how long now?......9 minutes....why is this taking so long....i hate my friend......I think i am going to trip him.....

Dont worry I didnt trip him, but I do have a membership now, so I no longer have to sneak in to work out. Still cant go as far as my friend but I am getting much MUCH better.
I have an accountability partner now. I have been told by many people that having one is a great way to keep yourself in check spiritually. And it really is. I was hesitant at first, because I just assumed it would be one of those things...."Hey want to be accountability partners? You do? Great!!!" And that be it. But we have really developed a great relationship, and we talk about a ton of things that we struggle with, things that are helping us grow, things that we can pray for each other with. And then we follow up to make sure that we are doing what we are saying we are doing. i have been in the word more now then I ever have in my life. And my prayer life is really changing. I feel that I am actually having a conversation with God, and not just talking because we are suppose to.
I have been reading a chapter of Proverbs a day. I do it monthly. And each month Proverbs teaches me something new. I have really been enjoying it. I have been reading out of the Message because I love the way it words things. And yes I know, people dont care for it cause it's not really the bible....whatever, God speaks to me through it so say what you want. :)

~Learning As I Go~
One-T

No comments: