Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The heart break begins.....

As kids grow up they learn very fast at what they can and can not get away with. Even at the sweet young age of Miss Ella. But this one time...she was not being naughty like I thought. There have been a few times when we tell her not to do something and she will look you in the eye and get a sly little smile and do it as you are watching her, then smile really big and giggle...and of course daddy laughs and then it is all messed up.
So this week we were playing in the living room and having a great time. She took a book cover off one of her books and through it on the ground. I told her no (because she rips them) and said give it to daddy. She looks at me like what are you talking about? So i say it again a little firmer and she is still looking at me. And I think she is just being naughty because at times she is a stuborn (not sure where she gets that). So i say it again even more firm, and big tears swell up in her eyes....she is not crying yet, just has tears coming down her face and i can tell that she has no clue as to what i was saying to her. She wanted to do what i was saying but she didnt know what it was. So what happened was i was talking very firmly and she had no idea why. Here we were having a blast playing and then daddy becomes a big jerk face. And how I realized it was Crystal who is super mom came in and was saying "Babe...she has no clue what you are talking about...and you hurt her feelings" BROKE MY HEART when i saw her face. So I then picked her up and tried to explain to her....but of course she had no clue what i was saying and just put her head on my shoulder and sniffed......
KILLED ME.......
and this is just the beggining.
~Learning as I Go~
One-T

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Eh, it'll be fine. I'm sure this is the most minor of your screw ups. She won't even remember THIS one in her future. I'll wait for large occurances of your inadiquacies to get worked up on her behalf. :P

Jeff Hawkins said...

scott hey man long time no talk. Totally miss seeing you guys right across the street. I can totally understand where you are coming from on this Akela does the same thing sometimes