Monday, September 17, 2007

The Things you Learn from Peanuts!

I am reading "The Complete Peanuts" a publisher is taking all of the comic strips ever published of the Charlie Brown and Snoopy gang and putting them into books. So far I have the first six. Anyway, one that I came across today really got my attention. First of all you have to know that every single strip gets my attention either makes me think about life or just cracks me up. Charles Schultz was a GENIUS. Anyway today this is the one I read and thought how great life is for a little kid.
This strip takes place like many where Charlie Brown and Linus are standing by a wall just talking about life:
Charlie- Do you ever think much about the future Linus?
Linus- Oh, Yes, all the time
Charlie- What do you think you'd like to be when you grow up?
Linus- Outrageously happy!!

I thought that was a very good comic strip. Growing up I wanted to be something different every day....either a cowboy, fireman, and at one point a park ranger. Of course I am none of those things now, but I think I have made it so far in this life. I am outrageously happy. True not everything is going the way I would like it to be, but I am happy. I dont have the dream job but I am happy. I do however have an amazing family, and an extremely fun life. God is good, and I love how He uses the Peanuts comic to remind me of that.
~Learning As I Go~
One-T

No comments: